Thursday, October 31, 2013

I'm a Connoisseur

Greetings dear readers/listeners and fans…I am pleased to announce my return to CriticalPalate.com, after a hiatus of a few months.  The subject of my hiatus will be in forthcoming blogs, but fret not friends, I have been busy consuming on your behalf. 

Before I get back to restaurant talk, I have to thank Jordan Rich for adding me to the Connoisseurs’ Corner (“CC”) line-up on WBZ1030am here in Boston.  For those of you unfamiliar with the concept, CC is a spot hosted by Jordan and broadcast for about 1:30 several times a week on WBZ during the drive time.  It touches upon a variety of topics, many food or beverage related.  Jordan brought me in to his plush, but not overly ostentatious, personal studio for some great discussion on the topics below.  With Jordan working his magic, he brought these down to 12 segments of one and half minutes of brilliance, if my mother says so.  You can find some of them here: 


Some of the topics covered:

Man v. Food generation-Jordan and I talked about people  taking on ridiculous food challenges and stuffing themselves silly.  We talked about a few places local to the Boston area where you can engage is such behaviors;

Food network generation-How the Food Network and Cooking Channel has made a lot of us in to “foodies” and much more aware of what we eat, and how it’s made;

Food trucks/food tours-these aren’t your daddy’s roach coaches anymore.  Jordan and I did three segments on the proliferation of food trucks, where to find them in Boston, and talked about an upcoming food truck festival in Natick, where the trucks come to the suburbs.

Cookbooks-Cookbooks aren’t just for the recipes…many of the newer cookbooks are written like novels, and/or brilliantly illustrated and photographed.  “Jerusalem”, “My Bread” and “The Prophets of Smoked Meat” were discussed.

Young foodies-everyone’s is a critic now, right?  Jordan and I talked a bit about how I got started as a food blogger, and how many people are running their own blogs.  It’s easy for people to share their experiences, and hopefully, making restaurants better for everyone.


Take a listen, while I cultivate my future posts.  I promise, many more posts soon, with my copyrighted Critical Palate edge…until then, eat often!

No comments: