Sunday, June 8, 2008

The best of…comfort food

I recently had the pleasure of receiving an email from a woman named Betsy, who found me through “The Jordan Rich Show”, and she runs an internet-based food service company; she sent me a sample of her product, which I gladly consumed, over a few days.

Chicken soup!!! You hear me? Chicken soup, with Matzah balls and noodles!!! This was good stuff. Believe me, if it wasn’t good, I’d say so…but it didn’t. Not even close to sucking. Ate it on a cold, rainy June day, and I highly recommend Grandma's Chicken Soup.com! Visit their website (the link is also down in my favorite sites on the lower left), where not only can you sign up for “soup of the month”, but you can order the soup delivered anywhere in the continental U.S. by a real “grandma”! Previously featured on Food Networks “Unwrapped” and on Jordan’s show, and now featured here…Next time, don’t say it with flowers; say it with a matzah ball!
……………………….

Washing out the soup bowl of my mind:

Is it me, or is the video quality for the NBA playoffs a throwback to the 1970s? In this day of digital TV, you’d think the production values would exceed that of “The Munsters”.

Speaking of the broadcast, per usual, the national media loves any team and player, NOT from Boston. It’s like the Celtics filmed the Lakers’ walk-through. Magic this, Kobe that…yes, the national media loves Kobe. What’s not to love? Great player, well spoken…rapist! Put Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds and Clubber Lang in a Lakers uniform and the media would eat it up!

The Red Sox are tearing he cover off the ball lately, and apparently each other. Nothing like a brouhaha between Manny and Jewwwwwwwk to get the blood boiling. Manny must have forgotten the Shabbat candles again and Youk was just letting him know not to forget the Havdalah kit Saturday. Just the usual mishugas…

Saw Iron Man last night-better than I expected, and frankly, better than “Indiana Jones…”. With a co-star like Gwyneth Paltrow (she’s half a tribe member, on her late father’s side), I think Iron Man needs x-ray vision!

That’s all I got for now. You’ve been great. Don’t forget to tip your waitresses. Enjoy Phoebe Snow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Pepper